AR Contest Announcement
Important Note: All Contests in the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series are governed by their Announcements provided on this website and by these terms and conditions.
To register for the AR Hackathon Contest track, click on “register for this hackathon” on the contest page at www.fbar1.devpost.com
Create a World AR Effect using Spark AR that utilizes the Instagram back camera (the rear facing one; not the selfie camera) to add augmented reality to the world around the user - such as 3D content. The more delightful and innovative, the better.
- February 10th - March 16th
- Deadline to submit is March 16th at 5:00 pm EST
- Submit the Share link to the Spark AR effect (which includes the effect ID)
- Provide a link to your publicly accessible code repository containing the project file.
- Include a video of your completed solution/project.
Judging/Security Check/Winners Announcement
- Judging and Security Check will take place on March 17th - March 23rd
- Winners will be announced on or about March 24th
- 1st Place: $3,000 +Invitation to attend the 2020 F8 Developer Conference and Hackathon event (Hotel, Flight, F8 ticket with an ARV of $3,500 per person; up to 4 maximum invitations)
- 2nd Place: $2,500
- 3rd Place: $1,500
You may be disqualified from the AR Hackathon Contest and forfeit any prizes you may be eligible to receive if Facebook reasonably believes that you have not complied, or attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the AR Hackathon Contest, in accordance with the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series Terms.